Assistant Broodmare Manager
Fabulous opportunity for someone who wants to learn and grow into a broodmare manager role!
Is one of your goals to become an integral part of a leading studs management team?
Do you want to work somewhere that will help you achieve your true potential?
Do you want to be part of a young team who are working together to become one of the leading thoroughbred studs in New Zealand?
Here at Mapperley Stud we are looking for someone whose goals are to become part of the management team, have a long-term career in the thoroughbred industry, and to grow and develop with our stud as we strive to become the best.
We are experienced at every stage of a thoroughbred’s life – from broodmare, to foal, to weanling, to yearling, to spelling racehorses and stallions and you will have the opportunity to develop in all of these areas if you wish.
The role available is:
• Assistant Broodmare Manager, you will be working closely with the Stud Master overseeing the breeding, scanning of broodmares, teasing broodmares and general foal/mare health and well-being.
Reporting directly to the Stud Master the successful applicants will have the following skills:
• Maintaining best industry practice in relation to all horse management
• Regular assessment of all horse health and needs
• Administering treatment and medications to horses
• Maintaining records and documentation relating to horse treatments
• High level of attention to detail
• Manage staff effectively and efficiently
• Excellent time management skills
• Fantastic communications skills
For the successful candidates - on farm accommodation will be available
All applications will be treated with absolute confidence.
TO APPLY: Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org and once your application has been processed you will be contacted
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: July 25 2019